WHO ARE YOU?
We are about twenty diehards who still perpetuate a century-old and typical know-how from French Jura Mountains. We are employees of Chapuis-Comoy & Cie, a briar pipe manufacture located near Saint-Claude (France), the birthplace of briar pipe. You are here on our e-shop.
DO YOU HAVE A FACTORY STORE?
Absolutely! Our Museum and Factory store is located close to our workshops. It was designed and created to introduce our professions, to learn more about the history of our manufacture and to know everything about the briar pipe, an emblematic product of our territory. You will find a selection of tobacco pipes from our brands: Chacom, Ropp, Jeantet and The French Pipe as well as a selection of pipes of foreign brands such as Peterson, Neerup and Tsuge. So, if you are coming in Jura, do not hesitate to visit us!
I BROKE MY PIPE: DO YOU HAVE A REPAIR SERVICE?
Certainly! Go to our Repair & After Sales Service page to consult the different costs for the renovations and repairs we offer. The delay is from 2 to 4 weeks depending on the repair to be done and the country of delivery.
COULD I RECEIVE IN-STOCKS NOTIFICATIONS?
If a smoking pipe or a smoking accessory you are looking for is currently out of stock, sign up for our Products Alerts to be notified when it becomes available again. Just click on the product page and fill in your email address. As soon as this item is back, we will let you know by email!
HOW MUCH WILL IT COST TO SHIP MY PACKAGE?
Delivery costs depend on the delivery method you have chosen as well as your delivery address. More information here.
MY TAX AUTHORITY ASKS ME TO PAY TAXES OR DUTIES. WHAT DO I DO?
For deliveries out of a European country, it is the customer’s responsibility, to be aware of and pay for any taxes or duties due on their order. Nomdunepipe.shop cannot and will not be liable for taxes and customs duties. If you refuse the delivery of the package and wish a refund, the package must be sent back to us at your expense. If you refuse to pay these costs and the package has to be abandoned, you will not be eligible for a refund.
MY TOBACCO PIPE DOES NOT SUIT ME, WHAT ABOUT RETURNS?
Please check our return policy here.
HOW DO YOU MEASURE TOBACCO PIPES SOLD ON NOMDUNEPIPE.SHOP?
All measurements are taken with a calliper and a precision scale. Basically, here is the process we adopt to measure the pipes:
- Length: we measure the horizontal distance from the end of the mouthpiece to the farthest point of the bowl. Thus, the length gives the distance from the front of the bowl and the smoker and not the cumulative distance between the pipe, stem and bowl. Therefore, more a smoking pipe is bent, more it has a short length.
- Width: We always measure the bowl at its widest point.
- Height: We always measure the bowl from the bottom to the highest point.
- Chamber diameter: We measure the inner diameter at the very top of the bowl. Thus, on a flared bowl (Dublin shape for example), the measurement will be made at the widest point.
- Chamber depth: We measure from the deepest point of the bowl to the middle of the top of the bowl. This measurement is the exact height at which you will be able to pack your tobacco.
- Weight: We weigh the assembled pipe and we round off the data to the nearest gram.
I DO NOT REMEMBER MY LOGIN AND/OR PASSWORD, WHAT CAN I DO?
You can easily reset your password. Go to the Login page and simply enter your email address. You will receive an email which will redirect you to a page where you can change your password and log in again! If you are unable to do this, feel free to send us an email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
I SAW A MISPRINT OR INCORRECT INFORMATION ON THE WEBSITE, COULD YOU CORRECT IT?
We do our best to maintain an error-free website, but sometimes, errors do occur. If you happen to spot one, please send us an email to email@example.com, and we will correct it.